For the purposes of the “La Ley Organica 15/1999, de 13 de diciembre, de Proteccion de Datos de Caracter Personal” (“the Act”) and its rules and application to business, the data controller is Cuento de Luz SL of Claveles 10, Urb. Monteclaro, Pozuelo de Alarcon, 28223 Madrid, Spain.
What information is collected
In order to buy goods from us or to become a member of the Cuento de Luz community, a user must first complete the registration process. During registration a user is required to provide their contact information (such as name, e-mail address, and postal address). Users are also required to provide and valid e-mail address before the account creation process can be completed.
Under rare circumstances Cuento de Luz may need to contact specific or all users in order to make an important announcement about the Cuento de Luz site or service changes. Users are not able to unsubscribe, or “opt-in/opt-out” of these announcements because they may contain very important information regarding their accounts. Cuento de Luz reserves the right to contact you to correct account errors or to supply important information Cuento de Luz reasonably deems relevant.
You acknowledge, therefore, that we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website (at www.cuentodeluz.com). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, applying to or becoming a Cuento de Luz Friend, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- If you become a Cuento de Luz Friend we may ask you to provide a photograph of yourself for use in our marketing materials.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies, but if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
We do track certain information such as type of browser and log on time for our own use. We use this information only to track from where our users may be coming and what type of software they are using. We keep this information so we can continuously improve our users’ online experience and improve the Cuento de Luz website. None of this information can ever be traced back to any specific person and is useful only to Cuento de Luz.
Correction/Updating Personal Data
Cuento de Luz users are able to change their personal data at any time through their account on the Cuento de Luz website.
We shall only collect personal data from children with the explicit and verifiable consent of the child’s parent/guardian unless that child is aged 12 years or over, the information collected is restricted to that necessary to enable the child to be sent further but limited online communications and it is clear that the child understands what is involved.
Where we store your personal data
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- When we disclose your information Cuento de Luz takes your privacy very seriously. Cuento de Luz does not share, sell or rent your contact information. We may, however disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we our substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers and Friends will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, in order to enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and Sale and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property of safety of Cuento de Luz Limited, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How we protect your information
Cuento de Luz takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Cuento de Luz uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal data is required. To make online purchases from Cuento de Luz, you must use an SSL-enabled browser. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it is transmitted over the Internet.
We encourage you to take precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Among other things change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser. While we use both passwords and usernames to protect information online, we also take steps to protect users’ information off-line. All of our users’ information is restricted in our offices and only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. Finally, the servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment and professionally maintained. Please keep in mind that you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by notifying us accordingly at the time or by contacting us at any time at email@example.com.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.